Many patients only visit their local urgent care center when something goes wrong. However, routine wellness services are available, as well. Located in Clifton, New Jersey, A+ Urgent Care provides comprehensive, compassionate care for patients in the community. Learn more about receiving urgent care physicals from our team of healthcare professionals.
About Wellness Visits
An annual physical examination is a periodic health check-in. While they may not seem necessary each year – especially to otherwise healthy patients – routine wellness visits are a vital part of maintaining a person's overall health and wellbeing. The purpose of this visit is to screen for diseases, assess risk factors for future issues, administer vaccinations, and maintain a valuable provider-patient relationship.
The annual wellness exam is also a chance for the physician to get to know the patient and their needs today, helping them get a better idea of how to best serve them as their needs change in the future. Patients can prepare for their annual well visit in the following ways:
- Be ready to answer questions about their familial or medical history
- Ask specific questions about any current health concerns
- Bring a list of the medications and supplements they are currently taking
- Keep their insurance information on hand
Visitation frequency may vary from patient to patient and depends on their age and health – talk with a provider at A+ Urgent Care about how often you should stop by for regular checkups.
Urgent Care Physicals: What To Expect
At A+ Urgent Care, we recognize that annual wellness visits are an important part of medical care and offer them as part of our comprehensive list of services. The facility is equipped to provide school, camp, sports, and employment physicals, as well as routine exams, for patients six months and older.
To start, the physician will discuss your current health and lifestyle choices, such as smoking, alcohol usage, diet, and exercise. For current patients, they will note any changes to their personal and family medical history on the record. Next, the physician will perform a physical evaluation. This typically includes several steps, such as:
- Checking vital signs: The physician will check the patient's blood pressure, heart rate, respiration rate, and temperature. This helps formulate a baseline for overall wellness, ensuring each area is within a healthy range.
- Conducting a heart and lung exam: Using a stethoscope, the physician will listen to the patient's heart and lungs. They're checking for wheezing sounds, heart murmurs, and other abnormalities.
- Performing a head and neck test: During this part of the exam, the physician evaluates the tonsils, eyes, and lymph nodes. They may also check the gums, teeth, thyroid, and carotid arteries, as these are good indicators of possible health issues.
- Updating vaccination status: For children, this means staying on top of their regular vaccination schedules as they grow. For adults, this could mean receiving an annual flu shot, a tetanus shot, and other essential vaccines.
Examination practices may vary, depending on the patient's health, gender, and age, and laboratory screenings are performed onsite. Blood work results generally come back within 24 hours. Once a physical is complete, a provider may make informed recommendations on how the patient should maintain their health going forward. A+ Urgent Care providers include:
The healthcare team also makes aftercare a priority for every patient. This could mean creating work notes, communicating lab results, setting specialist appointments, and other services. The team is also available to answer any questions patients may have about their treatment plan.
Walk-Ins Are Welcome at A+ Urgent Care
Patients who are due for their physical can walk right into A+ Urgent Care in Clifton, NJ – no appointment is necessary. Before their first visit, the support staff at A+ Urgent Care will let new patients know if they'll need to bring anything special to better assist the provider during the examination. Additionally, patient intake forms are available online to help streamline the check-in process and minimize wait times.
A+ Urgent Care is in-network with most major insurance carriers and partnerships are expanding. Patients who don't see their insurance provider listed online are encouraged to call for verification. Affordable self-pay rates are available for patients without insurance. For more information about urgent care physicals, contact us today.